If your Website Shows Error 522, then that’s a common error and lots of website owners face this problem. Whether you are using WordPress or any other CMS you may face this Error 522 Connection timed out.
So, we have got a simple and easy way to fix error 522. But before that, you should know what is error 522 and why it occurs.
What is Error 522?
Error 522 is a connection timed error, it means that the service tried to contact your web server but it didn’t get any response for a certain time and the connection to the server was disconnected due to that certain time ended.
Every host has a response time and the website responds with a message within that certain time. If any website couldn’t respond to the browser request or any service request within that time frame, then the website will show an error 522.
Why Cloudflare Error 522 occur?
Since Cloudflare is a service and when Cloudflare contacts your web server to request your website content and the server didn’t respond to that request within the timeframe then Cloudflare shows an Error 522.
There are 2 different types of Error 522 on Cloudflare:
- Before a connection is established, mostly within 15 secs
- After a connection is established, the web server acknowledges the Cloudflare request within 90 seconds.
So let’s learn how to fix the Error 522 connection timed out.
How to Fix Error 522 Connection Timed out?
Most of the time that connection timeout Error 522 can be fixed by altering or changing to default for the following settings.
- or contact your hosting service company.
The second most common problem for this error is due to an overload of the web server. When your website requests more resources than it is allocated, then this error may appear for a few minutes until the web server resources are within the limit.
Some other causes of these problems are:
- The origin IP address in your Cloudflare DNS app does not match the IP address currently provisioned to your origin web server by your hosting provider.
- Packets were dropped at your origin web server.
These causes are rare and it happens only on a few websites.
Fixing the Error 522
To fix Error 522, you can try this method.
This method can fix Error 522. There is no 1 solution available for this fix.
You have to try all of them and any 1 of the solution can fix your Error 422 problem.
So, here is what you need to do to fix the Error 522 Connection timed out.
- Check if your origin web server is active or not.
- Check if your web server is accepting HTTP requests.
- Verify your DNS settings in Cloudflare
- Check for your server resources whether its overloaded.
- Check if your web server has blocked Cloudflare requests or Cloudflare IP addresses.
- Check your network routing.
- Restart your internet router.
- Check whether the Keep-Alive Cloudflare service is disabled.
- Check whether your web server is offline or under maintenance.
For most of this solution, you just need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to check the following.
This error is mostly due to an overloaded web server, if you are using shared hosting then this problem is very common.
We recommend Bluehost for this solution. Switch to Bluehost Shared Hosting starting at just $2.35/month.
If your web hosting company says that everything is fine on their side then you need to either disable the Cloudflare or contact Cloudflare support.
However, your needs may be different from mine. Which plugin is your favorite, and are you currently using it on your site? Do you have any other recommendations to add? Please voice your thoughts in the comments below!